Monday 16 July 2012

Lillian Bassman

I love Richard Avedon's capture of motion; I love Irving Penn's simple and sharp portrait; I am incorrigibly in love with the deadly romantic, elegant, fabulous black and white fashion photography. Just on time, the appearance of another photographer pushed me further down on this "monotonous"life.  (Well, you know, in a good way) She is the greatest Lillian Bassman.








P.S. All of Lillian Bassman's photos are from Google picture. 

Her fashion photography is a combination of ink and bleach (odd, I know, but color wise). It makes you wonder that who the girl is in the photo. She is so beautiful and mysterious. It triggers the curiosity inside you and you will follow her unconsciously like you have been spelled...

Here is my attempt in black & white and color.






No comments:

Post a Comment